Third time’s the charm! I actually remembered that I had a post to write, so I wasn’t rushing to write this *happy dance*
Next month’s blogging goal: write more blog posts.
1. I went for a visa at the beginning of the month and it was hilarious. Remember how I had broken my leg last month? Well, I still had to wear the cast at the beginning of July, but by that time, I could walk with the tiniest bit of discomfort. I didn’t want to go to the embassy with it because I didn’t want to get asked about it, but everyone insisted that I wear it. So when I got pushed ahead in line because of my foot, all the adults were like, “We told you to wear it!” when I told them.
But that’s not the end of it. My mom saw all the other applicants dressed in formal wear, and she got scared because I just went in casual clothes (like the website said). She wouldn’t stop talking about it on the way home, but it didn’t really matter in the end anyway because everything turned out fine.
2. I barely even remember July because I found out about Stardew Valley. Harvest Moon and farming games are the best, and Stardew looked pretty cheap for a game, so I thought why not? Next thing I know, it’s the only thing I’m doing for two weeks. It’s just so addicting. It was also a much-needed break, which is going to be a blog post for another day.
3. Responsible thing of the month: an online branding class. I’ve got this tiny idea that’s been in the back of my head for half a year now, and it’s about time I actually go and bring it to life. I wanted to give it the best shot that I can, so I didn’t hesitate to sign up once the class opened. The teacher also has free classes about budgeting and Instagram strategy, and you can check out all of that over here.
4. I FOUND AN ISSUE OF FRANKIE FOR 70 PESOS. Considering how the issue retails for $14.95 in the US and I got it for about $1.5, I’m pretty sure I got it for about 90% off. I found it in Booksale, a second-hand bookstore, and I seriously gasped when I found it because it’s so cheap. Happy little surprises like these is why I love checking out second-hand bookstores.
5. I’ve wrapped up another lettering series! This was definitely much more relaxed than my very first one, and I definitely got to play with the styling and everything. The wrap-up for Freshman of Life is also another blog post for another day in August (I solemnly swear they’ll all get written), but you can check out everything over here.
I’m feeling a little panicked that it’s my last few weeks of summer vacation, but I’m going to make the most of it! *insert note of panic here because I’m kinda overwhelmed by all the things I have to do* It’s going to be back to lettering for me the next few weeks.
See you next month, friend.